#WildflowerNYC is a new campaign that’s giving all New Yorkers the chance to vote on an official wildflower for New York City! An organization from each borough has nominated a native flower, and voting is now open. Check out the campaign here, and vote for your favorite + share using #VoteWildflowerNYC
The nominees are:
- From Manhattan, The High Line nominated the Butterfly Weed
- From Brooklyn, Brooklyn Bridge Park nominated the Wild Columbine
- From the Bronx, the New York Botanic Garden nominated the Spicebush
- From Queens, the Queens Botanic Garden nominated the Giant Sunflower
- From Staten Island, the Staten Island Museum nominated the Pinxter Azalea
WildflowerNYC is a campaign to restore the connection between New Yorkers and our wild flora -one vote at a time. Given the climate crisis, nearby nature has never been more vital. They’re raising awareness to make wildflowers a meaningful part of the Big Apple narrative.
WildflowerNYCis a campaign to grow more wildflower lovers and create a more resilient NYC.