Jill Platner has been making jewelry and sculpture on Crosby Street in NYC since 1993.
The original store opened in 1998 at 113 Crosby, and the store and studio now reside under the same historic roof at 165 Crosbyin NoHo. Every piece of jewelry is handcrafted by Jill and her exceptionally skilled team of artisans, masterminds and technicians in our Crosby Street Studio.
The workspace is housed in a building that dates back to 1823. It was originally built for the Roosevelt family, and in 1857 Elizabeth Blackwell, the first female in the U.S. to receive her M.D., opened the Infirmary for Women and Children there. It was the first hospital to be staffed by, provide for and teach women to become future doctors and nurses.