Get ready for the Lunar New Year with a festive and colorful Dumpling Workshop, hosted by NYC plant-based, plastic-free cook, Christine Wong. Traditionally, families get together on Lunar New Year’s Eve to make one of the most important foods enjoyed during the new year, dumplings. They symbolize wealth because of their ancient ingot shape. In this class kids will learn:
– How to make colorful dumpling wrappers from scratch.
– The flexibility of preparing fillings and a variety of traditional and fun pleats.
– The different ways of cooking them up!
Each participant will prepare dumplings that can be enjoyed at the end of class or to take home to enjoy, or to freeze and savor later!
This class is suitable for kids 8 years old and up, and is vegan-friendly and plastic-free. The wrappers contain gluten.
- Sunday, January 19th, 3 PM to 4:30 PM, drop-off workshop
- Ages 8-13+
- $80 per child, but we are pleased to offer a discount code for our readers! Enjoy 30% off with code NOHO30 at checkout.
About Christine: Christine is a freelance food stylist / content creator for Whole Foods Market Northeast region, and health and wellness experts across the globe. Her book “The Plantiful Plate: Vegan Recipes from the Yommme Kitchen” released February 2019. Christine’s recipes and images can be found at thefeedfeed.com, Cooking Light, Thoughtfully Magazine, GrowNYC, healthywomen.org as well as on the Instagram feeds of @foodnetwork @foodandwine, @food52, @williamssonoma, and @pantone. As a representative of the Plastic Oceans Foundation, she is a strong advocate of refusing single-use plastic packaging in order to save the oceans. Read more about Christine here: https://www.yommme.com/about