Do you have questions about City Government Agencies and regulations that you’re having a hard time getting an answer for? Free help is available from the Department of Small Business Services (SBS). NYC Business Quick Start is a new program from SBS designed to help you cut through red tape, get connected to other city agencies, and to help field any city government questions you might have.
To get connected to this service, or to learn more, call 888-472-4692 or visit this webpage.
Additionally, you can reach out to this same hotline and request a Compliance Consultation to help prevent fines in your store. A small business expert will walk through your business with you and help identify potential violations so you can rectify them before it becomes an issue. They will not issue a summons if a violation is observed.
Once you’ve reached out to Quick Start, you’ll be connected with a Small Business Advocate who can help address any issues you are facing. Best of all, they guarantee a response within 48 hours.
Small Business Advocates help you cut through the red tape by working with point of contact at City and State regulatory agencies, and utilities including:
- Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY)
- NYC Department of Buildings (DOB)
- NYC Department of Consumer & Worker Protection (DCWP)
- NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)
- NYC Department of Sanitation (DSNY)
- NYS Department of Agriculture & Markets
- NYS Department of Financial Services
- NYS Liquor Authority
- Con Edison
We strongly recommend using this service for any business snags you run into as a business operator. If you have any questions or want to learn more, please reach out to us.