NoHo BID Annual Meetup – Celebrating NoHo!
The NoHo BID held its 2015 Annual Membership Meetup on Tuesday, June 9th at SubCulture, a performance venue located at 45 Bleecker Street.
The event drew a crowd of 60 NoHo residents, merchants, entrepreneurs, artists, property owners, and industry professionals. Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer was the guest speaker, and Robert LaValva from the New Amsterdam Market presented a concept for an outdoor food market.
Seth Taylor, the BID’s Executive Director, gave an overview of the past year’s accomplishments, some of which included:
Clean & Safe:
- 11,700 hours of sanitation service from the BID’s maintainence contractor, Atlantic Maintenance.
- 120 large graffiti incidents cleaned from building walls and roll-gates.
- 4,737 small graffiti incidents cleaned from street furniture.
- 60 litter receptacles maintained.
- 30,000 bags of trash emptied and relined.
- 3,000 hours of public safety service from the BID’s contractor, Starr Security.
- New logo.
- New website and first Business Improvement District in the country to use the dot bid domain.
- Social media channels – facebook, twitter, instagram.
- Sponsorship program, including street banners and litter receptacle decals.
- 35 planter boxes maintained year-round with seasonal plantings.
- Houston Street Median gardens planted and maintained through a partnership with the City’s Parks Department.
Many thanks to SubCulture for the wonderful space and production assistance; to the New Amsterdam Market for providing delicious food; and to our board, members, and neighbors for their support!